The below list is not meant to be all-inclusive but rather provide a list of simple ways to remain at ease throughout your office relocation.
- Inventory what needs to be moved and refer to the floor plan of your new space to see how it will all fit. Spreadsheets are great for this purpose.
- Take time to tour the new office location with your list and make note of employee room assignments.
Call a professional office mover to help guide you through your office relocation. A professional office mover is able to help you:
- Reassess inventory what needs to be moved and how it can fit into your new space
- Avoid common office moving mistakes…like waiting too long to order phone and internet lines.
- Estimate unforeseen costs of the move early
- Ensure the safety of your company assets with a plan to move sensitive items securely
- Meet your expectations (please share them)
- Assign specific tasks to employees to reduce your workload
- Don’t forget to breathe on move day. Relocating your office can be stressful, but careful planning and choosing the right teams to share the responsibility with you makes all the difference.
Summary – planning is 50% of the move. Plan to invest time with your company and your mover to develop a detailed move plan and timeline. You and your colleagues will have much less stress come move day if your move is well-planned!